[tripleo][ci] Reducing merge time by moving nv job to experimental

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Dec 20 16:20:57 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 1:07 AM, Felix Enrique Llorente Pastora wrote:
>   The problem with
>> experimental is that it requires folks to know to run them (which
>> generally does not happen for our project).
>
> So we have two options here:
> - Make experimental pipeline run on reviews directly without the
> "check-experimental" comment.
> - Create a new pipeline "draf" pipeline at infra, that runs WIP jobs or
> problematic jobs without interfering in normal production "check" pipeline.
>
> What do you think ?

I think Alex already answered this: Fix the scenario jobs so they can be
voting again. We need that coverage or we'll be perpetually breaking
services that are only tested in scenarios. As a result, any queue hacks
that we do would only be temporary anyway. There's no good reason to
spend a bunch of time on a one-off configuration that will go away in
the near future (hopefully ;-).