[openstack-ansible][cinder] Multiple backends for Cinder

Cecilia Di Maulo cecilia.dimaulo at osones.com
Thu Dec 20 13:45:27 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I currently have a NFS backend for Cinder and I would like to add an iSCSI
(hpmsa) backend. However I was wondering where should the cinder services
run? For now cinder-api.service and cinder-scheduler.service run in a lxc
while cinder-volume.service runs in bare metal on the controllers.

I also would like to separate as much as possible the 2 backend types to be
able to remove 'easily' my NFS backend once the other one has proved it
really works.

I was thinking to have the services related to the NFS backend in a lxc and
the services related to the HPMSA backend on metal. Is this even possible?
How should I do it? Should I name 2 different services in the
container_skel or..?

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Cecilia