Devstack failure “Oslo.concurrency”

d.lake at surrey.ac.uk d.lake at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 09:56:58 UTC 2018

Hello

I’m trying to rebuild a Devstack system on an identical machine to a working system from August.

Same base OS (Centos 7.5), same simple local.conf.

But this system is failing with Oslo.concurrency not at 2.26.

This is bizarre because when I update Oslo.concurrency using pip, I’m given 2.29.

Yet something in Devstack insists on going back to 2.25.1 despite knowing that I need 2.26.

What is most annoying is that I thought that by keeping all the basic build identical I would save myself the pain that is OpenStack installation.

How do I work around this please?

If I clear out /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages, this doesn’t seem to help at all.

Thanks

David

Sent from my iPhone