Proposal to move cinder backup tests out of the integrated gate

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:15:09 UTC 2018

> FWIW cinder backup by default uses swift as the backup driver and
> requires its services, and that's the way it is being run in this job
> [1].
>
> The job could be modified to use e.g. NFS driver and not depend on
> other OpenStack services (unless one wanted to be fancy and have
> Manila provision the backup share).
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Tom Barron (tbarron)

Tom,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I am a little nervous about changing the
default in testing given that is the default configuration for backup.
I think if we are not able to narrow down the source of the issues this
could be a road to investigate but I don't think that is the first
course of action we want to take.

Jay