[Searchlight][Zuul] tox failed tests at zuul check only

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Dec 11 15:01:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-11 15:21:47 +0900 (+0900), Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how Zuul processes the test-setup.sh [1]
> file to adopt new dependencies.
[...]

Looking at what you've put in there for your JRE packages, those
would be better handled in a bindep.txt file in your repository.
Running tools/test-setup.sh in jobs is really to catch other sorts
of setup steps like precreating a database or formatting and
mounting a particular filesystem your tests are going to rely on.
For system package dependencies of your jobs, we have a declarative
mechanism already which doesn't require complex conditional
handling: we install whatever bindep says is missing.

I see you're also leveraging tools/test-setup.sh to obtain packages
of elasticsearch which are not available in the distributions on
which your jobs run, which I guess is a suitable workaround though
it seems odd to test on platforms which don't package the software
on which your project relies.
--
Jeremy Stanley