[oslo] How to use library "oslo.messaging"

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Dec 10 15:08:23 UTC 2018

Thành Nguyễn Bá <bathanhtlu at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
> I have a question about "library oslo.messaging". How can i use this
> librabry to write simple program listen event on Openstack (like Nova,
> Cinder)? I had read on docs, nova support "oslo_messaging_notifications" to
> send message via RabbitMQ, so I’m try to use this library but it seem very
> hard for me.
>
> *Nguyễn Bá Thành*
>
> *Mobile*:    0128 748 0391
>
> *Email*:      bathanhtlu at gmail.com

There is a notification "listener" built into the library in the
oslo_messaging.notify.listener module. The source file [1] includes a
basic example of using it. You may also find the ceilometer source code
interesting, since it consumes notifications using the "batch" listener
[2].

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo.messaging/tree/oslo_messaging/notify/listener.py
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer/tree/ceilometer/messaging.py
--