[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder][qa] Should we enable multiattach in tempest-full?

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Dec 10 07:21:34 UTC 2018

 ---- On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 00:28:51 +0900 Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > On 10/1/2018 8:37 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > +1 on adding multiattach on integrated job. It is always good to cover more features in integrate-gate instead of separate jobs. These tests does not take much time, it should be ok to add in tempest-full [1]. We should make only really slow test as 'slow' otherwise it should be fine to run in tempest-full.
 > >
 > > I thought adding tempest-slow on cinder was merged but it is not[2]
 > >
 > > [1]http://logs.openstack.org/80/606880/2/check/nova-multiattach/7f8681e/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-10-01_10_12_55_482653
 > > [2]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/591354/2
 >
 > Actually it will be enabled in both tempest-full and tempest-slow,
 > because there is also a multiattach test marked as 'slow':
 > TestMultiAttachVolumeSwap.
 >
 > I'll push patches today.

While reviewing your patch and checking multiattach  slow test on stable branch as part of tempest-slow job, I found that
 tempest-slow (tempest-multinode-full) job does not run on nova stable branches (even nova .zuul.yaml has that job to run
 for stable branch) which we can say bug on Tempest side because tempest-slow job definition is to run only on master [1].
 I am trying to enable that for all stable branches[2].

I am getting few failure on tempest-slow (tempest-multinode-full) for stable branches which might take time to fix and till
 then let's keep nova-multiattach on stable branches and remove only for master.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/a32467c4c515dff325e6b4b5ce7af24a0b7a9961/.zuul.yaml#L270

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tempest-multinode-slow-stable+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

-gmann