[tc][all] Train Community Goals

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:49:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:29 AM Artem Goncharov <artem.goncharov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 16:19 Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Today in the TC meeting, we discussed the status of the three candidate
>> goals [0]. Ultimately, we as the TC, are wondering who would be willing to
>> drive the goal work.
>>
>> Having a champion step up early on will help us get answers to questions
>> about the feasibility of the goal, it's impact across OpenStack, among
>> other things that will help us, as a community, make an informed decision.
>>
>> Remember, championing a goal doesn't need to fall on a single individual.
>> With proper communication, work can be spread out to lighten the load.
>>
>> What I'd like is to open this up to the community and see who would be
>> willing to drive the proposed goals. If you have any questions about
>> championing a goal, please don't hesitate to swing by #openstack-tc, or you
>> can ping me privately.
>>

> I was waiting for the start of switching osc "services" to SDK for quite a
> while now. I am definitely interested and committed to support the real
> coding work here. I would also like to volunteer driving the goal if noone
> objects.

Thanks chiming in, Artem!

As others in the thread have eluded to, this could very well be a
multi-step effort. A big part of that is going to be figuring out where the
different projects are in relation to the desired end state.

Would you be open to starting some preliminary work to help collect some of
that information? Matt's etherpad for the compute API gap analysis with OSC
is a good example.