[release] Release countdown for week R-17, Dec 10-14

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 06:41:31 UTC 2018

Development Focus
-----------------

We are coming up on end of year holiday's, so the next few weeks will probably
go by fast. Teams should be focused on development plans, but please be aware
if there are any project specific milestone 2 deadlines you need to be aware
of.

General Information
the changes:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-October/135689.html

There are also a set of deliverables following the cycle-with-intermediary
model that are not considered libraries. These are services and other somewhat
different deliverables. We want to make sure the cycle-with-intermediary
release model is not being used as a way to just perform one final release. The
intent of this release model is to have multiple releases throughout a
development cycle.

If you own one of these deliverables, please think about performing a release
if one has not already been done for Stein, or decide if the updated
cycle-with-rc release model is more appropriate for your needs. More
information can be found here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000465.html

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Stein-2 Milestone: January 10