[tc] Adapting office hours schedule to demand

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 06:16:50 UTC 2018

>  >
>  > Should we:
>  >
>  > - Reduce office hours to one or two per week, possibly rotating times
>  >
>  > - Dump the whole idea and just encourage people to ask questions at any
>  > time on #openstack-tc, and get asynchronous answers
>  >
>  > - Keep it as-is, it still has the side benefit of triggering spikes of
>  > TC member activity
>
> I vote for keeping it to two in a week which can cover both Asia and USA/EU TZ which mean either dropping either Tuesday or Wednesday.  If traffic is same in office hours then also it is ok as it does not take any extra effort from us. we keep doing our day activity and keep eyes on channel during that time. Obviously it does not mean we will not active in other time but it is good to save a particular slot where people can find more than one TC.
>
> -gmann

This seems reasonable. The 01:00 UTC office hour on Wednesday has never had
much activity. I think there are usually a few folks around in case someone
does show up with some questions, but I have yet to see that actually happen.

I think we could drop Wednesday with little noticeable impact, while still
staying accessible via IRC or the mailing list.

Sean