[tripleo] Spec for upgrades including operating system upgrade

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 12:06:34 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

there's work ongoing to figure out how we can include operating system
upgrade into the TripleO upgrade procedure. As we explore the options,
it becomes apparent that we need to change the operator workflow, and
the OpenStack upgrade including an operating system upgrade will
likely end up being our most daring, complex, risky upgrade procedure
yet.

There's a spec [1] which outlines the expected operator workflow and
its implementation, alternatives, current gaps, risks etc.

If you maintain any of our composable services, please take some time
to review the spec, consider if the upgrade of the service fits the
proposed upgrade workflow, and provide feedback or suggestions.

The spec is fairly long (the topic is complex), but it's been
structured to make the read as comfortable as possible.

Thank you,

Jirka

[1] patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/622324
     rendered: