[all][FEMDC] Etcd as DLM

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue Dec 4 16:49:27 UTC 2018

This thread is shifting a bit...

I'd like to throw in another related idea we're talking about it...

There is storing data in key/value stores and there is also storing data in document stores.

Kubernetes uses a key/value store and builds a document store out of it. All its api then runs through a document store, not a key/value store.

This model has proven to be quite powerful. I wonder if an abstraction over document stores would be useful? wrapping around k8s crds would be interesting. A lightweight openstack without mysql would have some interesting benifits.

Thanks,
Kevin