[Searchlight][infra] tox failed tests at zuul check only

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 3 17:03:40 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-04 00:28:30 +0900 (+0900), Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> Currently, [1] fails tox py27 tests on Zuul check for just updating the log
> text. The tests are successful at local dev env. Just wondering there is
> any new change at Zuul CI?

I don't know of any recent changes which would result in the
indicated test failures. According to the log it looks like it's a
functional testsuite and the tests are failing to connect to the
search API. I don't see your job collecting any service logs
however, so it's unclear whether the API service is failing to
start, or spontaneously crashes, or something else is going on. My
first guess would be that one of your dependencies has released and
brought some sort of regression.

According to
http://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=openstack-tox-py27&project=openstack%2Fsearchlight&branch=master
the last time that job passed for your repo was 2018-11-07 with the
installed package versions listed in the
http://logs.openstack.org/56/616056/1/gate/openstack-tox-py27/e413441/tox/py27-5.log
file, and the first failure I see matching the errors in yours ran
with the versions in
http://logs.openstack.org/62/619162/1/check/openstack-tox-py27/809a281/tox/py27-5.log
on 2018-11-21 (it wasn't run for the intervening 2 weeks so we have
a fairly large window of potential external breakage there). A diff
of those suggests the following dependencies updated between them:

    coverage: 4.5.1 -> 4.5.2
    cryptography: 2.3.1 -> 2.4.1
    httplib2: 0.11.3 -> 0.12.0
    oslo.cache: 1.31.1 -> 1.31.0 (downgraded)
    oslo.service: 1.32.0 -> 1.33.0
    python-neutronclient: 6.10.0 -> 6.11.0
    requests: 2.20.0 -> 2.20.1
    WebOb: 1.8.3 -> 1.8.4

Make sure with your local attempts at reproduction you're running
with these newer versions of dependencies, for example by clearing
any existing tox envs with the -r flag or `git clean -dfx` so that
stale versions aren't used instead.
--
Jeremy Stanley