[Searchlight][Zuul] tox failed tests at zuul check only

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Dec 3 16:38:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, at 7:28 AM, Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, [1] fails tox py27 tests on Zuul check for just updating the log
> text. The tests are successful at local dev env. Just wondering there is
> any new change at Zuul CI?

Reading the exceptions [2] and the test setup code [3] it appears that elasticsearch isn't responding on its http port and is thus treated as having not started. With the info we currently have it is hard to say why. Instead of redirecting exec logs to /dev/null [4] maybe we can capture that data? Also probably worth grabbing the elasticsearch daemon log as well.

Without that information it is hard to say why this happened. I am not aware of any changes in the CI system that would cause this, but we do rebuild our test node images daily.

[2] http://logs.openstack.org/62/619162/5/check/openstack-tox-py27/9ce318d/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-11-27_05_32_48_854289
[3] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/searchlight/tree/searchlight/tests/functional/__init__.py#n868
[4] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/searchlight/tree/searchlight/tests/functional/__init__.py#n851

Clark