[openstack-dev] [goals][python3][heat][manila][qinling][zaqar][magnum][keystone][congress] switching python package jobs

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 28 18:42:17 UTC 2018

Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> writes:

> I think we are ready to go ahead and switch all of the python packaging
> jobs to the new set defined in the publish-to-pypi-python3 template
> [1]. We still have some cleanup patches for projects that have not
> completed their zuul migration, but there are only a few and rebasing
> those will be easy enough.
>
> The template adds a new check job that runs when any files related to
> packaging are changed (readme, setup, etc.). Otherwise it switches from
> the python2-based PyPI job to use python3.
>
> I have the patch to switch all official projects ready in [2].
>
> Doug
>
> [1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/openstack-zuul-jobs/tree/zuul.d/project-templates.yaml#n218

This change is now in place. The Ironic team discovered one issue, and
the fix is proposed as https://review.openstack.org/606152

This change has also reopened the question of how to publish some of the
projects for which we do not own names on PyPI.

I registered manila, qinling, and zaqar-ui by uploading Rocky series
releases of those projects and then added openstackci as an owner so we
can upload new packages this cycle.

I asked the owners of the name "heat" to allow us to use it, and they
rejected the request. So, I proposed a change to heat to update the
sdist name to "openstack-heat".

* https://review.openstack.org/606160

We don't own "magnum" but there is already an "openstack-magnum" set up
with old releases, so I have proposed a change to the magnum repo to
change the dist name there, so we can resume using it.

* https://review.openstack.org/606162

I have filed requests with the maintainers of PyPI to claim the names
"keystone" and "congress". That may take some time. Please let me know
if you're willing to simply use "openstack-keystone" and
"openstack-congress" instead. I will take care of configuring PyPI and
proposing the patch to update your setup.cfg (that way you can approve
the change).

* https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/4770
* https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/4771

Doug