[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [StoryBoard] Project Update/Some New Things

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 10 14:34:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-10 14:43:18 +0100 (+0100), Adam Coldrick wrote:
[...]
> # Linking to projects by name
>
> Keen observers might've noticed that StoryBoard recently grew the ability
> to link to projects by name, rather than by ID number. All the links to
> projects in the UI have been replaced with links in this form, and its
> probably a good idea for folk to start using them in any documentation
> they have. These links look like
>
>   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/openstack-infra/storyboard
[...]

Worth noting, this has made it harder to find the numeric project ID
without falling back on the API. Change
https://review.openstack.org/600893 merged to the releases
repository yesterday allowing deliverable repositories to be
referenced by their StoryBoard project name rather than only the ID
number. If there are other places in tooling and automation where we
relied on the project ID number, work should be done to update those
similarly.

> # Finding stories from a task ID
>
> It is now possible to navigate to a story given just a task ID, if for
> whatever reason that's all the information you have available. A link like
>
>   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/task/12389
>
> will work. This will redirect to the story containing the task, and is the
> first part of work to support linking directly to an individual task in a
> story.
[...]

As an aside, I think this makes it possible now for us to start
hyperlinking Task footers in commit messages within the Gerrit
change view. I'll try and figure out what we need to adjust in our
Gerrit commentlink and its-storyboard plugin configs to make that
happen.
--
Jeremy Stanley