[openstack-dev] [election] [tc] TC candidacy

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:29:41 UTC 2018

Well nova-cyborg is surely on the top-priority for OpenStack cross-project
collaboration. The two initiatives I mentioned is more in the field of
cross-community.

I think I didn't elaborate on how the TC role fit in this picture. For TC I
think it is important to be able to help on the cross community
collaboration, one community is intimidating enough, let alone venture into
totally different communities.

With that said, other than the two directions that I will personally
involve myself with, I will also help other cross community
ideas/initiatives to build relationship and get work done. I guess it is
more convincing when you as a TC member have actually skin in the game in
cross-community development.

So yes individual team will probably the best ones to drive such
collaborations, but it would also be nice to have TC lend a hand when there
is need :)

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 10:17 PM Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2018 8:54 AM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> > One is related to the cyborg project where the team is working to build
> > the open heterogenous resource mgmt platform. I would like to extend
> > this mission over to kubernetes, which currently lack of such component
> > and could benefit hugely from our work here in OpenStack. There are also
> > other communities like OPNFV where the edge cloud project, the C-RAN
> > project and Rocket project will be integrating and testing cyborg, as
> > well as ONNX where AI models will meet the resource models we defined in
> > Cyborg for NPUs and GPUs and FPGAs and whatever hardware should be
> chosen.
>
> I'd like to actually see some progress made on cyborg/nova integration
> before we get our hopes up about cyborg/something completely outside of
> openstack integration, but that's my biased view on it from being a nova
> person. See [1] for context from a discussion yesterday. I don't really
> know how the TC drives this more than the cyborg team themselves, but OK.
>
> [1]
>
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2018/nova.2018-09-06-14.00.log.html#l-120
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado