[openstack-dev] [nova][limits] Does ANYONE at all use the quota class functionality in Nova?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Oct 30 14:49:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

Basically we should kill quota classes.

It required out of tree stuff that was never implemented, AFAIK.

When I checked with Kevin about this, my memory says the idea was out
of tree authorization plugin would populate context.quota_class with
something like "i_have_big_credit_limit" or
"i_have_prepaid_loads_limit", and if blank fall back to the default. I
don't believe anyone ever used that system. Gives you like groups of
pre-defined quota limits, rather than per project overrides.

Either way, it should die, and now its keystone's problem.
I subscribe to the idea that downstream operational scripting is the
currently preferred solution.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy

PS
Sorry been busy on SKA architecture last month or so, slowing getting
back up to speed.