[openstack-dev] [tripleo][openstack-ansible][nova][placement] Owners needed for placement extraction upgrade deployment tooling

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:34:06 UTC 2018

Hello OSA/TripleO people,

A plan/checklist was put in place at the Stein PTG for extracting
placement from nova [1]. The first item in that list is done in grenade
[2], which is the devstack-based upgrade project in the integrated gate.
That should serve as a template for the necessary upgrade steps in
deployment projects. The related devstack change for extracted placement
on the master branch (Stein) is [3]. Note that change has some dependencies.

The second point in the plan from the PTG was getting extracted
placement upgrade tooling support in a deployment project, notably
TripleO (and/or OpenStackAnsible).

Given the grenade change is done and passing tests, TripleO/OSA should
be able to start coding up and testing an upgrade step when going from
Rocky to Stein. My question is who can we name as an owner in either
project to start this work? Because we really need to be starting this
as soon as possible to flush out any issues before they are too late to
correct in Stein.

So if we have volunteers or better yet potential patches that I'm just
not aware of, please speak up here so we know who to contact about
status updates and if there are any questions with the upgrade.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/134541.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604454/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/600162/