[openstack-dev] [goals][upgrade-checkers] Week R-25 Update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:09:07 UTC 2018

The big news this week is we have a couple of volunteer developers from
NEC (Akhil Jain and Rajat Dhasmana) who are pushing the base framework
changes across a lot of the projects [1]. I'm trying to review as many
of these as I can. The request now is for the core teams on these
projects to review them as well so we can keep moving, and then start
thinking about non-placeholder specific checks for each project.

The one other open question I have is about the Adjutant change [2]. I
know Adjutant is very new and I'm not sure what upgrades look like for
that project, so I don't really know how valuable adding the upgrade
check framework is to that project. Is it like Horizon where it's mostly
stateless and fed off plugins? Because we don't have an upgrade check
CLI for Horizon for that reason.

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:upgrade-checkers+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611812/