[openstack-dev] [goals][upgrade-checkers] Call for Volunteers to work on upgrade-checkers stein goal

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:05:52 UTC 2018

On 10/16/2018 9:43 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> I was discussing with mriedem [1] about idea of building a volunteer team which can work with him on upgrade-checkers goal [2]. There are lot of work needed for this goal[3], few projects which does not have upgrade impact yet needs CLI framework with placeholder only and other projects with upgrade impact need actual upgrade checks implementation.
>
> Idea is to build the volunteer team who can work with goal champion to finish the work early. This will help to share some work from goal champion as well from project side.
>
>   - This email is request to call for volunteers (upstream developers from any projects) who can work closely with mriedem on upgrade-checkers goal.
>   - Currently two developers has volunteered.
>      1. Akhil Jain (IRC: akhil_jain, email:akhil.jain at india.nec.com)
>      2. Rajat Dhasmana (IRC: whoami-rajat email:rajatdhasmana at gmail.com)
>   - Anyone who would like to help on this work, feel free to reply this email or ping mriedem  on IRC.
>   - As next step, mriedem will plan the work distribution to volunteers.

Thanks Ghanshyam.

As can be seen from the cyborg [1] and congress [2] changes posted by
Rajat and Akhil, the initial framework changes are pretty trivial. The
harder part is working with core teams / PTLs to determine which real
upgrade checks should be added based on the release notes. But having
the framework done as a baseline across all service projects is a great
start.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611368/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611116/

Matt