[openstack-dev] [masakari][congress] what is a host?

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 23:54:38 UTC 2018

Hi all, I'm working on a potential integration between masakari and
congress. But I am stuck on some basic usage questions I could not
answer in my search of docs and demos. Any clarification or references
would be much appreciated!

1. What does a host refer to in masakari API? Here's the explanation in API doc:
"Host can be any kind of virtual machine which can have compute
service running on it."
(https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/instance-ha/#hosts-hosts)

So is a masakari host usually a nova instance/server instead of a
host/hypervisor?

2. Through the masakari api, how does one go about configuring a VM to
be managed by masakari instance HA?

Thanks so much!

Eric Kao