[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] boot server with more than one subnet selection question

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:27:04 UTC 2018

On 11/13/2018 4:45 AM, Chen CH Ji wrote:
> Got it, this is what I am looking for .. thank you

Regarding that you can do with server create, I believe it's:

1. don't specify anything for networking, you get a port on the network
available to you; if there are multiple networks, it's a failure and the
user has to specify one.

2. specify a network, nova creates a port on that network

3. specify a port, nova uses that port and doesn't create anything in
neutron

4. specify a network and fixed IP, nova creates a port on that network
using that fixed IP.

It sounds like you want #3 or #4.

Matt