[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-22, November 5-9

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Nov 1 13:07:09 UTC 2018

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should now be focused on feature development and completion of release
goals [0].

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/stein/index.html

General Information
-------------------

We are now past the Stein-1 milestone. Following the changes described in [0]
we have release most of the cycle-with-intermediary libraries. It is a good
time to think about any additional client (or deliverables marked as
type:"other") releases. All projects with these deliverables should try to have
a release done before Stein-2.

All cycle-with-milestone deliverables have been switched over to be
cycle-with-rc [1]. Just a reminder that we can still do milestone beta releases
if there is a need for them, but we want to avoid doing so just because that is
what we've historically done.

Any questions about these changes, or any release planning or process questions
in general, please reach out to us in the #openstack-release channel or on the
mailing list.

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-October/135689.html
[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/135088.html

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Forum at OpenStack Summit in Berlin: November 13-15
Start using openstack-discuss ML: November 19
Stein-2 Milestone: January 10

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)