[openstack-dev] [StarlingX] StarlingX code followup discussions

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:37:32 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than literally making this a priority, I expect most of the feeling
> is that because of the politics and pressure of competition with a fork in
> another foundation is driving the defensiveness about feeling pressured to
> prioritize review on whatever specs/patches are proposed as a result of the
> code dump.

David Letterman used to say "This is not a competition it is just an
exhibition.  No wagering!"  for Stupid Pet Tricks.

The feelings that is is a competition is one aspect that I want to
help ease if I can.  Once we have the list of individual
upstream-desired changes we can talk about priorities (we do have a
priority list internally) and desirability.

The targeted use cases for StarlingX/Titanium has requirements that do
not fit other use cases or may not be widely useful.  We need to
figure out how to handle those in the long term.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com