[openstack-dev] [ci][infra][tripleo] Multi-staged check pipelines for Zuul v3 proposal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 16 15:25:17 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-16 15:17:52 +0200 (+0200), Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
[...]
> My understanding, I may be totally wrong, is that unlike to
> packages and repos (do not count OSTree [0]), containers use
> layers and can be exported into tarballs with built-in
> de-duplication. This makes idea of tossing those tarballs around
> much more attractive, than doing something similar to repositories
> with packages.
[...]

Projects which utilize service VMs (e.g. Trove) were asking to do
precisely the same things and had nothing to do with containers. The
idea that you might build a VM image up from proposed source in one
job and then fire several other jobs which used that proposed image
well-predates similar requests from container-oriented projects.
--
Jeremy Stanley