[openstack-dev] [tripleo] tripleo upstream gate outtage, was: -> gate jobs impacted RAX yum mirror

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sun May 13 03:44:04 UTC 2018

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:

> 2. Shortly after #1 was resolved CentOS released 7.5 which comes directly
> into the upstream repos untested and ungated.  Additionally the associated
> qcow2 image and container-base images were not updated at the same time as
> the yum repos.  https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1770355

Why do we have this situation everytime the OS is upgraded to a major
version? Can't we test the image before actually using it? We could have
experimental jobs testing latest image and pin gate images to a specific
one?
Like we could configure infra to deploy centos 7.4 in our gate and 7.5 in
experimental, so we can take our time to fix eventual problems and make the
switch when we're ready, instead of dealing with fires (that usually come
all together).

It would be great to make a retrospective on this thing between tripleo ci
& infra folks, and see how we can improve things.
--
Emilien Macchi