[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Implement rotations for meetings handling

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Thu May 3 09:12:50 UTC 2018

Hi Mike – please see my responses in-line.

From: Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Implement rotations for meetings handling

  *   So my question is... what is the health status of OSA? Is there still a core of committed contributors? I only check in on OSA code reviews rarely now, but activity seems a lot less than it was.

I’m not sure how to answer this, really. OSA is used by a variety of organizations, and contributed to by a number of organizations. The health of the project depends on the contributions of those who consume it. A quick review of Stackalytics shows that OSA has multiple contributing stakeholders, which means that the risk of project failure is managed. See http://stackalytics.com/?metric=commits&module=openstack-ansible / http://stackalytics.com/?metric=person-day&module=openstack-ansible for Rocky stats, and you can look back in history using the ‘Release’ drop-down box on the left.

  *   Before you answer, imagine that I now work for a moderately large, potential consumer of OSA.

OK, you’d be in good company if you check the contributing companies in Stackalytics.

  *   Is OSA the future, or have other deployment projects made it less relevant?

OSA is one of many deployment projects. Each has their own style. Pick the one that suits your needs best.

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.