[openstack-dev] [tc][docs] documenting openstack "constellations"

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed May 2 21:28:40 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Graham Hayes's message of 2018-05-02 20:15:14 +0100:
> On 02/05/18 20:11, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2018-05-02 11:38:55 -0400:

> >> +1. What would be the reviewer criteria? Majority vote for adding new
> >> constellations and 2x +2 for changes maybe? Or just 2x +2 for
> >> everything? Just to clarify, since the TC reviews usually operate pretty
> >> differently to other code reviews.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> ZB
> >>

> > This is just documentation, so 2x +2 is what I had in mind.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> Is it just docs though? I thought the the point of constellations
> was for a curated set of projects per use case?

The point of constellations is to help users find the components
they need to achieve their goals, by giving them smaller versions
of the OpenStack component map to navigate. It's the sort of thing
a product management group would produce as part of the product
documentation, if we had such a group.

If someone disagrees strongly about the components of a particular
constellation, some items can be listed as alternatives or a
completely separate constellation can be created to support the
different use case. Neither solution requires the TC to, as an
overall governing body, make a decision on for the entire community
using our most strict consensus model for voting.

If we set it up in a way that only the TC can make decisions about
the contents of constellations, then we'll never produce a useful
number of them.

Doug