[openstack-dev] [nova] Hard fail if you try to rename an AZ with instances in it?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:35:50 UTC 2018

On 3/27/2018 10:37 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> If we want to actually fix the issue once and for all, we need to make
> availability zones a real thing that has a permanent identifier (UUID)
> and store that permanent identifier in the instance (not the instance
> metadata).
>
> Or we can continue to paper over major architectural weaknesses like this.

Stepping back a second from the rest of this thread, what if we do the
hard fail bug fix thing, which could be backported to stable branches,
and then we have the option of completely re-doing this with aggregate
UUIDs as the key rather than the aggregate name? Because I think the
former could get done in Rocky, but the latter probably not.

Matt