[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 19 March 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Mar 23 20:11:11 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 19 March 2018

## News

### Spec review meeting

During our Tuesday office hours we had a call to discuss some of our open specs. We were able to reduce some of the scope creep that had arisen in the application credentials enhancement spec[1], iron out some details in the MFA enhancement spec[2], and reaffirm our mission to keep the default roles spec[3] as simple as possible for this round of RBAC improvements.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/396331
[2] https://review.openstack.org/553670
[3] https://review.openstack.org/523973

### oslo.limit library created

The oslo.limit repository has been created[4] and an Oslo spec was merged[5] to outline the purpose of the new library.

[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/550496/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/552907/

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/eyTktx

Since last week, a new spec has been proposed to add a new static catalog backend[6]. This is work that was started last cycle but that we still need to flesh out properly.

[6] https://review.openstack.org/554320

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged a whopping 6 changes this week. In fairness a lot of our energy has been spent reviewing our awesome spec proposals.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/tW5PiH

There are 36 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. Among these are a few changes to add a lower-constraints job to our repos as part of a plan to eventually stop syncing global requirements[7], which we might want to have a quick chat about before merging.

[7] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128352.html

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

The next deadline is the Rocky-1 milestone spec proposal freeze.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter