[openstack-dev] [kolla] kolla-ansible cli proposal

Christian Berendt berendt at betacloud-solutions.de
Tue Mar 20 17:19:54 UTC 2018

In my opinion, a separate repository would be most suitable for this. So we do not mix the ansible roll with a frontend for ansible itself and are independent.

Importing the project into the OpenStack namespace is probably easier this way.

Christian.

> On 20. Mar 2018, at 18:02, Borne Mace <borne.mace at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings all,
>
> One of the discussions we had at the recent PTG was in regards to the
> blueprint to add support for a kolla-ansible cli [0].  I would like to
> propose that to satisfy this blueprint the thus far Oracle developed
> kollacli be completely upstreamed and made a community guided project.
>
> The source for the project is available already [1] and it is known to
> work against the Queens codebase.  My suggestion would be that either a
> new repository be created for it or it be included in the
> kolla-ansible repository.  Either way my hope is that it be under
> kolla project control, as far as PTL guidance and core contributors.
>
> The kollacli is documented here [2] for your review, and along with
> any discussion that folks want to have on the mailing list I will make
> sure to be around for the next couple of wednesday kolla meetings so
> that it can be discussed there as well.
>
> Thanks much for taking the time to read this,
>
> -- Borne Mace
>
> [0]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla/+spec/kolla-multicloud-cli
> [1]: https://oss.oracle.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openstack-kollacli.git;a=summary
> [2]: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E90981_01/E90982/html/kollacli.html

Christian Berendt
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Mail: berendt at betacloud-solutions.de
Web: https://www.betacloud-solutions.de

Betacloud Solutions GmbH
Teckstrasse 62 / 70190 Stuttgart / Deutschland

Geschäftsführer: Christian Berendt
Unternehmenssitz: Stuttgart
Amtsgericht: Stuttgart, HRB 756139