[openstack-dev] [nova] Notification update week 12

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Mar 20 17:10:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

Here is the status update / focus settings mail for w12.

Bugs
----

One new bug from last week:

[Undecided] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1756360 Serializer
strips Exception kwargs
The bug refers to an oslo.serialization change as the reason of the
changed behavior but I failed to reproduce the expected behavior with
older than that oslo.serialization version. Also there is a fix
proposed that I have to look at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554607/

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
There are 3 patches that has positive feedback (but no +2 as I'm the
author of those) and needs core attention
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-rocky+status:open

Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances
The implementation still needs work
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526251/

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
The bp has been approved
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
but implementation hasn't been proposed yet.

Add request_id to the InstanceAction versioned notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-request-id-to-instance-action-notifications
Kevin has a WIP patch up https://review.openstack.org/#/c/553288 . I
promised to go through it soon.

Sending full traceback in versioned notifications
The specless bp has been approved
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications

Add versioned notifications for removing a member from a server group
The specless bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications
was discussed and due to possible complications with looking up the
server group when a server is deleted we would like to see some WIP
implementation patch proposed before the bp is approved.

Factor out duplicated notification sample
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:refactor-notification-samples+status:open
No progress.

Weekly meeting
The next meeting will be held on 27th of Marc on #openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180327T170000

Cheers,
gibi