[openstack-dev] [requirements][kolla] new requirements change on upper-constraints.txt break horizon & neutron

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:22:43 UTC 2018

kolla install openstack packages through master tarball file on kolla
master branch[0].

On stable branch, kolla install through neutron tag tarball. But i think
there will be also
some issue here. How about i want to install neutron-12.0.1.tar.gz, whereas
neutron===12.0.0
exist in the upper-constraints.txt file?

[0] http://tarballs.openstack.org/neutron/neutron-master.tar.gz

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-16 11:42, Thomas Morin wrote:
> > This is related to the topic in "[horizon][neutron] tools/tox_install
> > changes - breakage with constraints".
> >
> > proposes to remove these projects from upper-constraints (for a
> > different reason)
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/552865
> > <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/552865/> that adds other projects to
> > global-requirements, explicitly postpone their addition to
> > upper-constraints to a later step
> >
> > Perhaps neutron and horizon should be removed from upper-constraints for
> > now ? (ie restore https://review.openstack.org/#/c/553030 ?)
>
> Yes, that would be one option. but I like to understand whether that
> would be a temporary solution - or the end solution.
>
> Jeffrey, how exactly are you installing neutron? From git? From tarballs?
>
> Andreas
> --
>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
>   SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
>        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me