[openstack-dev] OpenStack Ansible Disk requirements [docs] [osa]

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 09:36:49 UTC 2018

Right, that's a little absurd, 1TB? :-) , I completely agree.

They could live with anything, but I'd try to estimate minimums across
distributions
for example, an RDO test deployment with containers looks like:

(undercloud) [stack at undercloud ~]$ ssh heat-admin at 192.168.24.8 "sudo df -h
; sudo free -h;"

/dev/vda2        50G  *7.4G*   43G  15% /
devtmpfs        2.9G     0  2.9G   0% /dev
[....]

tmpfs           581M     0  581M   0% /run/user/1000
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:           5.7G        *1.1G *       188M        2.4M
4.4G        4.1G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Which looks rather lightweight. We need to consider logging space etc..
I'd say 20G could be enough without considering instance disks?