[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][openstackclient] The way to assign floating IPs to VM

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:37:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Andrey Kurilin <andr.kurilin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dean, I propose a patch (https://review.openstack.org/549820) which should
> work for all environments where neutron is installed. Please check it when
> you have free time.

Thank you Andrey.  Monty started one approach, I just pushed up
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/549864/ as an example that follows
the pattern we[0] established in the Network commands long ago to
auto-detect between nova-net and Neutron.  This involves moving the
commands from the compute.v2.server classes to network.v2.floating_ip
(etc) and subclassing network.common.NetworkAndComputeCommand to
leverage that work.

dt

[0] I can't take credit for this, rtheis, amotoki and others worked
this out very nicely.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com