[openstack-dev] [openstack-helm] Question about API endpoints

Hyunsun Moon hyunsun.moon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:42:57 UTC 2018

Hi Yoshihiko,

If you have physical LB in your environment, you might want to make use of NodePort for distributing the access to multiple controller nodes. In that case, it is recommended to set Values.network.external_policy_local to true so that you could eliminate unnecessary hops.
Ingress backed by nginx could be used of course, but as you pointed, IP address of the node where ingress pod resides will be the address you’re accessing, which might not be desirable in many use cases.
If you plan to try it on GCP/GKE, where the ingress controller is backed by GCP’s load-balancer service, NodePort + ingress seems valid option for exposing your service to external.
FYI, https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/tutorials/http-balancer <https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/tutorials/http-balancer>

Hope this helps.

Hyunsun