[openstack-dev] [openstack-helm] Question about API endpoints

渥美 慶彦 atsumi.yoshihiko at po.ntt-tx.co.jp
Mon Mar 5 05:34:31 UTC 2018

Hi all,
# Resend with openstack-helm tag

I try to deploy multinode OpenStack by openstack-helm
and want to access OpenStack API endpoints from out of k8s nodes.
To avoid service failure by node down, I think I need one virtual IP for
the endpoints.(like Pacemaker)
Could you show me how to realize that if you have any information?

A. Deploy OpenStack services for NodePort, and distribute the access to
nodes using physical Load Balancer.
B. Using Ingress?
   I think Ingress is for L7 routing, so it can't be used to create VIP
for the endpoints.
C. Any other ideas?

And when I try this on GCP/GKE, is there any difference from on-premises?

best regards

Yoshihiko Atsumi
E-mail:atsumi.yoshihiko at po.ntt-tx.co.jp