[openstack-dev] DeployArtifacts considered...complicated?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 03:08:13 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:12:54AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:
> -1 to more services. We take a Heat time penalty for each new
> composable service we add and in this case I don't think this should
> be a service itself.  I think for this case, it would be better suited
> as a host prep task than a defined service.  Providing a way for users
> to define external host prep tasks might make more sense.

But right now, the only way to define a host_prep_task is via a
service template, right?  What I've done for this particular case is
create a new service template that exists only to provide a set of
host_prep_tasks:

  https://github.com/CCI-MOC/rhosp-director-config/blob/master/templates/services/patch-puppet-modules.yaml

Is there a better way to do this?

--