[openstack-dev] [all][requirements][docs] sphinx update to 1.7.4 from 1.6.5

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Jun 26 00:27:29 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 05:42:00PM -0500, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> Keystone is hitting this, too [0]. I attempted the same solution that
> Tony posted, but no luck. I've even gone so far as removing every
> comment from the module to see if that helps narrow down the problem
> area, but sphinx still trips. The output from the error message isn't
> very descriptive either. Has anyone else had issues fixing this for
> python comments, not just docstrings?
>
> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1778603

I did a little digging for the keystone problem and it's due to a
missing ':' in
https://github.com/oauthlib/oauthlib/blob/master/oauthlib/oauth1/rfc5849/request_validator.py#L819-L820

So the correct way to fix this is to correct that in oauthlib, get it
released and use that.

I hit additional problems in that enabling -W in oauthlib, to pevent
this happening in the future, lead me down a rabbit hole I don't really
have cycles to dig out of.

Here's a dump of where I got to[1].  Clearly it mixes "fixes" with
debugging but it isn't too hard to reproduce and someone that knows more
Sphinx will be able to understand the errors better than I can.

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/724271/

Yours Tony.