[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer][monasca] Monasca publisher for Ceilometer

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Jun 22 14:45:24 UTC 2018

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018, Bedyk, Witold wrote:

> You've said lacking manpower is currently the main issue in
> Ceilometer which stops you from accepting new publishers and that
> you don't want to add maintenance overhead.

I've lost track of the details of the thread, can you remind me why
keeping the plugin as an external (perhaps packaged with monasca
itself) is not a good option? As I understood things, that was the
benefit of the plugin architecture.

> We're offering help on maintaining the project.

I think this could potentially be a great option, if everyone
involved thinks it is a good idea, but it is somewhat orthogonal to
the question above about being an external plugin.