[openstack-dev] Openstack-Zun Service Appears down

Usman Awais usman.awais at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:14:30 UTC 2018

Dear Zuners,

I have installed RDO pike. I stopped openstack-nova-compute service on one
of the hosts, and installed a zun-compute service. Although all the
services seems to be running ok on both controller and compute but when I
do

 openstack appcontainer service list

It gives me following

+----+--------------+-------------+-------+----------+-----------------+---------------------+-------------------+
| Id | Host         | Binary      | State | Disabled | Disabled Reason |
Updated At          | Availability Zone |
+----+--------------+-------------+-------+----------+-----------------+---------------------+-------------------+
|  1 | node1.os.lab | zun-compute | down  | False    | None            |
2018-06-20 13:14:31 | nova              |
+----+--------------+-------------+-------+----------+-----------------+---------------------+-------------------+

I have checked all ports in both directions they are open, including etcd
ports and others. All services are running, only docker service has the
warning message saying "failed to retrieve docker-runc version: exec:
\"docker-runc\": executable file not found in $PATH". There is also a
message at zun-compute
"/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/default_comparator.py:161:
SAWarning: The IN-predicate on "container.uuid" was invoked with an empty
sequence. This results in a contradiction, which nonetheless can be
expensive to evaluate.  Consider alternative strategies for improved
performance."

Please guide...

Regards,
Muhammad Usman Awais