[openstack-dev] [tc] [summary] Organizational diversity tag

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Tue Jun 12 10:24:46 UTC 2018

FWIW, as an outside observer of this conversation:

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:46 AM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> The issue is that the current method (which uses a formula to apply
> single-vendor and diverse-affiliation tags) is not working so well
> anymore, with lots of low-activity projects quickly flapping between
> states.

I think you need to explore and state much more explicitly why this is a
problem, before you will be able to evaluate possible changes.

> One important thing to remember is that the diversity tags are supposed
> to inform deployers, so that they can make informed choices on which
> component they are comfortable to deploy. So whatever we come up with,
> it needs to be useful information for deployers, not just a badge of
> honor for developers, or a statement of team internal policy.

It sounds like this might be part of that 'why'.  How sure are you about it?

Regards,
     Neil