[openstack-dev] [heat][ci][infra][aodh][telemetry] telemetry test broken on oslo.messaging stable/queens

Ken Giusti kgiusti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:53:11 UTC 2018

Updated subject to include [aodh] and [telemetry]

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Ken Giusti's message of 2018-06-05 10:47:17 -0400:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The telemetry integration test for oslo.messaging has started failing
>> on the stable/queens branch [0].
>>
>> A quick review of the logs points to a change in heat-tempest-plugin
>> that is incompatible with the version of gabbi from queens upper
>> constraints (1.40.0) [1][2].
>>
>> The job definition [3] includes required-projects that do not have
>> stable/queens branches - including heat-tempest-plugin.
>>
>> My question - how do I prevent this job from breaking when these
>> unbranched projects introduce changes that are incompatible with
>> upper-constrants for a particular branch?
>
> Aren't those projects co-gating on the oslo.messaging test job?
>
> How are the tests working for heat's stable/queens branch? Or telemetry?
> (whichever project is pulling in that tempest repo)

I've run the stable/queens branches of both Aodh[1] and Heat[2] - both failed.

Though the heat failure is different from what we're seeing on
oslo.messaging [3],
the same warning about gabbi versions is there [4].

However the Aodh failure is exactly the same as the oslo.messaging one
[5] - this makes sense since the oslo.messaging test is basically
running the same telemetry-tempest-plugin test.

So this isn't something unique to oslo.messaging - the telemetry
integration test is busted in stable/queens.

I'm going to mark these tests as non-voting on oslo.messaging's queens
branch for now so we can land some pending patches.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/574306/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/574311/
[3] http://logs.openstack.org/11/574311/1/check/heat-functional-orig-mysql-lbaasv2/21cce1d/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-06-11_17_30_51_106223
[4] http://logs.openstack.org/11/574311/1/check/heat-functional-orig-mysql-lbaasv2/21cce1d/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2018-06-11_17_09_39_691