[openstack-dev] [Cyborg] [Nova] Cyborg traits

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:42:43 UTC 2018

After reading the spec
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554717/14/doc/specs/rocky/cyborg-nova-sched.rst
,
I confuse on the CUSTOM_ACCELERATOR_FPGA meaning. Initially, I thought it
means a region. But after reading the spec, it can be a device, a region or
a function. Is it on purpose design?

Sounds like we need to have agreement on the naming also. We already have
resource class `VGPU`, so we only need to add another resource class
'FPGA'(but same as above question, I thought it should be FPGA_REGION?), is
it right? I didn't see any requirement on the prefix 'ACCELERATOR'.