[openstack-dev] [cinder] Removing Support for Drivers with Failing CI's ...

Peter Penchev openstack-dev at storpool.com
Mon Jun 4 19:07:19 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 06:13:23PM -0500, Jay S Bryant wrote:
> All,
>
> This note is to make everyone aware that I have submitted patches for a
> number of drivers that have not run 3rd party CI in 60 or more days.  The
> following is a list of the drivers, how long since their CI last ran and
> links to the patches which mark them as unsupported drivers:
>
>  * DataCore CI – 99 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571533
>  * Dell EMC CorpHD CI – 121 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571555
>  * HGST Solutions CI – 306 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571560
>  * IBM GPFS CI – 212 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571590
>  * Itri Disco CI – 110 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571592
>  * Nimble Storage CI – 78 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571599
>  * StorPool – Unknown - https://review.openstack.org/571935
>  * Vedams –HPMSA – 442 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571940
>  * Brocade OpenStack – CI – 261 Days - https://review.openstack.org/571943
>
> All of these drivers will be marked unsupported for the Rocky release and
> will be removed in the Stein release if the 3rd Party CI is not returned to
> a working state.
>
> If your driver is on the list and you have questions please respond to this
> thread and we can discuss what needs to be done to return support for your
> driver.
>
> Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Hi,

Thanks for taking care of Cinder by culling the herd.

The StorPool CI is, understandably, on your list, since we had some
problems with the CI infrastructure (not the driver itself) during
the month of May.  However, we fixed them on May 31st and our CI had
several successful runs then, quickly followed by a slew of failures
because of the "pip version 1" strip()/split() problem in devstack.

Our CI has been chugging along since June 2nd (not really related to
the timing of your e-mail, it just so happened that we fixed another
small problem there).  You can see the logs at

  http://logs.ci-openstack.storpool.com/

I am thinking of scheduling a rerun for all the changes that our CI
failed on (and that have not been merged or abandoned yet); this may
happen in the next couple of days.

So, thanks again for your work on this, and hopefully this message will
serve as a "we're still alive" sign.  If there is anything more we
should do, like reschedule the failed builds, please let us know.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam@{ringlet.net,debian.org,FreeBSD.org} pp at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13