[openstack-dev] [keystone] [tripleo] multi-region Keystone via stretched Galera cluster

Michael Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 17:24:35 UTC 2018

Hey list -

as mentioned in the May 11 Keystone meeting, I am working on one of
the canonical approaches to producing a multi-region Keystone service,
which is by having overcloud-specific keystone services interact with
a Galera database that is running masters across multiple overclouds.
  The work here is to be integrated into tripleo and at [1] we discuss
the production of a multi-region Keystone service, deployable across
multiple tripleo overclouds.

As the spec is being discussed I continue to work on the proof of
concept [2] which in its master branch is being developed to deploy
the second galera DB as well as haproxy/vip/keystone completely from
tripleo heat templates; the changes being patched here are to be
proposed as changes to tripleo itself once this version of the POC is
working.

The "standard_tripleo_version" branch is the previous iteration, which
provides a fully working proof of concept that adds a second Galera
instance to a pair of already deployed overclouds.

Comments on the review welcome.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/566448/

[2] https://github.com/zzzeek/stretch_cluster