[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Update, 4 June

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 4 17:16:53 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-04 11:30:17 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> Jeremy has revived the thread about adding a secret/key store to
> our base services via the mailing list. We discussed the topic
> extensively in the most recent TC office hour, as well. I think we
> are close to agreeing that although saying a "castellan supported"
> database is insufficient for all desirable use cases, it is sufficient
> for a useful number of use cases and would be a reasonable first
> step. Jeremy, please correct me if I have misremembered that outcome.
>
> * http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-May/130567.html
> * http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2018/tc.2018-05-31-15.00.html
[...]

Basically correct (I think we said "a Castellan-compatible key
store"). I intend to have a change up for review to append this to
the base services list in the next day or so as the mailing list
discussion didn't highlight any new concerns and indicated that the
previous blockers we identified have been resolved in the
intervening year.
--
Jeremy Stanley