[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Jun 2 17:23:24 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2018-06-01 15:19:46 -0400:
> On 01/06/18 12:18, Doug Hellmann wrote:

[snip]

> > Is that rule a sign of a healthy team dynamic, that we would want
> > to spread to the whole community?
>
> Yeah, this part I am pretty unsure about too. For some projects it
> probably is. For others it may just be an unnecessary obstacle, although
> I don't think it'd actually be *un*healthy for any project, assuming a
> big enough and diverse enough team (which should be a goal for the whole
> community).

It feels like we would be saying that we don't trust 2 core reviewers
from the same company to put the project's goals or priorities over
their employer's.  And that doesn't feel like an assumption I would
want us to encourage through a tag meant to show the health of the
project.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it? Or it is more of a problem than
I have experienced?

Doug