[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 28 May 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Jun 1 21:14:59 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 28 May 2018

## News

### Summit Recap

We had a productive summit last week. Lance has posted a recap[1].

[1] https://www.lbragstad.com/blog/openstack-summit-vancouver-recap

### Quota Models

There was a productive discussion at the forum on hierarchical quotas (which I missed), but which resulted in some new thoughts about safely tracking quota which Adam captured[2]. We then discussed some performance implications for unlimited-depth project trees[3]. The spec for a strict two-level model still needs reviews[4].

[2] http://adam.younglogic.com/2018/05/tracking-quota/#more-5542
[3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone/2018/keystone.2018-05-29-16.02.log.html#l-9
[4] https://review.openstack.org/540803

## Open Specs

Search query: https://bit.ly/2G8Ai5q

Last week we merged the Default Roles spec[5] after discussing it at the Summit. We still need to review and merge the update the hierarchical unified limits spec[6] which has been updated following discussions at the summit.

[5] https://review.openstack.org/566377
[6] https://review.openstack.org/540803

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F

We merged 5 changes this week. One of those was to partially remove the deprecated TokenAuth middleware[7], which has implications for upgrades.

[7] https://review.openstack.org/508412

## Changes that need Attention

Changes with no negative feedback:  https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK
Changes with only human negative feedback: https://bit.ly/2LeW1vC

There are 42 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. This data is provided to highlight patches that are currently waiting for any feedback.

There are 81 total changes that are ready for review.

## Bugs

These week we opened 6 new bugs and closed 4.

One of the bugs opened and fixed was for our docs builds which had broken since the latest docs PTI updates[8]. I also opened a bug regarding the usage of groups with application credentials[9], which has implications for federated users using application credentials.

[8] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1774508
[9] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1773967

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

Next week is specification freeze (I think unified limits is the only remaining specification that needs attention). Our next deadline after that is feature proposal freeze on June 22nd.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter
Dashboard generated using gerrit-dash-creator and https://gist.github.com/lbragstad/9b0477289177743d1ebfc276d1697b67